Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Slingerland serial # on sticker?!?

Just came across a Slingerland snare with a serial # sticker over the portion of the badge where the serial # should be. All signs point towards this drum being made in the last years of the Niles factory (TDR throw-off on a Rapid strainer, football black & silver Niles badge). Has anyone seen a Slingerland badge with the serial # on a sticker instead of on the badge itself? The sticker extends over the usual serial # area, and goes about an inch out onto the drum. I'm temped to peel the sticker off to see if it's actually got a # on the badge, but I know I would end up regretting it. The sticker says "SR. # 564086", and the number itself is handwritten, while the "SR. #" is printed. Any help is appreciated!

Posted on 15 years ago

Here are pics of the snare and strainer if that helps... Looking to get a correct date on this thing. Thanks for any input!

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks to be an early 80's snare. All seems to fit.

My guess...

1) Owner wrote the thing for insurance purposes due to weak eyes.

2) Slingerland goofed on the actual sn. and popped this thing on to save money and time.

Both scenarios work. Might even be more explanations out there.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the help! Any ideas on value of this drum?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here