Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Slingerland seams lifting

Hello everyone, this is my first post, been lurking awhile soaking up some of the knowledge on this site. I recently bought a early 70's Slingerland kit with the black wrap. All of the seams are lifted, seams to be about an inch overlap so I will be gluing wrap to wrap. I believe I should clean good with goo be gone and use contact cement, but I dont know for sure. It looks like the wrap has shrunk a little judging by what looks like a line were the wrap used to meet. I had thought about just re wraping the kit but I know that wont help the value any.

Thanks alot for any help, I know you guys do this alot. Once I figure out the whole posting pictures thing I will put them up to show the kit.

Posted on 13 years ago

this is a fairly common thing now on the ole tubs, use, use 3m 30-NF glue not the contact cement you get at the Home Improvement centers this glue that you buy at those places can shrink and distort the wrap even worse. here is a link to precision drum company, for the glue, and about anything you need to build a drum. http://www.precisiondrum.com/html/body_parts.html#30nf1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here