Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

slingerland rolling bomber lugs

hey anyone and everyone! i was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue... i need to see what the inside of a walnut or rosewood rolling bomber lug looks like. im very curious to see how the tension rod/swivel nut/spring interaction works inside of a wooden lug. this is for a potential restoration. if someone would be so kind as to send me a pic of the inner casing, id be so very appreciative! and also, any information on those lugs would be great. thanks so much for your help!

Posted on 14 years ago

I had a Bomber bass drum. The lugs have a hollowed out section (sort of a groove) that holds a threaded rectangle of metal. The tension rod goes through the drilled part of the wood lug and screws into the threaded slug. Pretty straightforward but offers no real variance in the angle of the tension rod as does a spring-loaded lug. I sold the drum then bought a kit of standard RKs that have the metal lugs which are a lot easier to repair/replace. I gig with mine so the Bomber was too fragile to take out. They are beautiful drums no doubt.

Posted on 14 years ago

chappy 50, thanks so much for that bit of info! ive totally been curious as ive been making my own walnut lugs for a vintage mahogany shell with maple rings. that description really helps! and if anyone out there has a pic, i would still appreciate that too!!!!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here