Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Slingerland Radio King Snare - Adapter Plate?

Good Morning, My first post here,

I have a 1959 Chicago badge Radio King snare with a with a very finicky Clamshell Strainer that I would love to retrofit with a 3 point model. Is there anyone out there making adapter plates for Radio Kings.

I see that there are some older posts regarding this topic so I apologize for the redundancy, just wanted to start a current thread.

Posted on 14 years ago

The guy that made them pulled the web site and is no longer making them. Look for Blue-rippler and contact him with a PM. He still might have some.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

David,

If Blue-Rippler was the gentleman that used to make the Presto Plates, I did contact him via email a while back but no dice.

thanks again,

Chris

Posted on 14 years ago

Adapter plates are easy....

go to home depot or similar place and get a piece of clear (or whatever) flat plexi about an 1/8th of an inch thick.

While you're there, go to the plumbing dept. and get some plastic or rubber spacers or washers that are about 1/4" or a little wider.

Get some thin machine screws with nuts and some washers. Like the kind the 3 pt. or generic throw off are held on by.

Cut the plexi to about a 3" square or so...after your read this you'll see what I mean..

Mark the plexi with the hole mounting pattern of the clam shell and drill it for those holes. Then mark it for the mounting pattern of the throw off you want to put on your drum.

Attach the new throw off to the plate.

Then, put the clam shell screws through the plate, put on the spacers, and screw the whole thing on the drum.

Voila! Clear plexi looks best 'cause you can see the finish on the drum.

This works well and will last forever. And you don't have to drill the drum!

Posted on 14 years ago

Rick,

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Chris

Posted on 14 years ago

Rich K. IS a vintage drum guru!! Cool1

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

Rich K. IS a vintage drum guru!! Cool1

And the world is a much better place with vintage drum gurus in it.

thanks for the info guys. Keep on Pl

Posted on 14 years ago

Brilliant idea!!!!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here