Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Slingerland Radio King heads/parts

I have an opportunity to buy a 1930's Radio King set. It's in decent shape but will need some restoration.

Is ebay my best option for replacement calfskin heads and the parts I might need or are there any web stores that have reproduction or vintage parts to meet the specks?

Drums sizes are 28,16,6 and a 14x7 snare in original BDP.

No pics yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted on 15 years ago

The answer is...YES !:confused:

But you still go to eBay. Go to eBay, and search for slingerland beavertail or radio king lugs. In the search results there will be a few stores that carry the vintage repro beavertail lugs that are quite nice. BUt then you need to decide whether the new next to the old will be too much of a contrast.

Unfortunately, for things such as heads and hoops...you have no choice but the used market...nobody does repros of those, understandably.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah...in the end, while the repro lugs may turn out to be chaper significantly....they are almost TOO GOOD LOOKING to slip into an existing drum.

At last, every vintage b-tail lug I have eveer worked with (nicely) showed it's age with patina, etc. which wouldn't come off....

I would be inclined to go for the real mccoys....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Here're some calf heads:

http://www.rebeats.com/store/index.php?cPath=4

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here