Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland Radio King COB Snare Drum-mid-60's

Greetings,

This is a Radio King (not a Krupa Sound King) 6.5" x 14", 10 lug snare drum. Overall condition is excellent. Comes with a high quality gig bag.

The previous owner (not me!) replaced the Radio King Strainer with a Ludwig P-85. The original holes are covered with screw/nuts/washers. The previous owner also added a P-43 Ludwig butt plate, but the holes lined up exactly, so no extra holes on the butt side. Everything else is factory (aside from the heads and snare wires). If you found the original strainer and installed it, there would only be one tiny hole from the P-85; the other would be hidden by the original strainer.

I confirmed a magnet does NOT stick to it. This is also the rarer 6.5" deep model with 10 lugs (usually they only have 8). There are a couple of dings here and there, but overall this snare is in excellent condition.

You can tell the difference between a Radio King and Sound King by the strainers they had (See the literature from the 1967 catalog in the reply below). This snare clearly shows the Radio King strainer hole pattern.

$250 + shipping. Again, includes high quality gig bag.

Thanks,

V

5 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

A few more photos:

Posted on 4 years ago

BUMP

Now $250 plus shipping, including high quality padded bag.

Make me an offer on this.

V

Posted on 4 years ago

Open to offers.

Posted on 4 years ago

Hello

This thread is a few months old, do you still have the snare for sale?

Thanks

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here