Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland questions :)

Hello all!

This is the first time I discovered this website and I like it so much. There is so much info! Great job!

I have a Slingerland drumkit from 1978 ( I think). The drums all have black with silver niles badges. Inside there is printed a "M", so I learned from your website today, that it should be maple.

Some other info:

Hi-tom 14" serial nr. 254919

Low-tom 15" s nr. 6491

Floortom 20" s nr. 6444

Basdrum 24" s nr . 6587

Question: Why is the first serialnumber that different from the others?

Below you see a picture of it...

[IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6836/im0030882sf.th.jpg[/IMG]

Please can you give me more info like where such models where fabricated and if the date I expect is right?

I'm also curious about the value of such a kit. I really have no idea.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter Vink

(Netherlands)

Wouter
Posted on 18 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]We can give you lots of fun information on your drums, but to help us I would ask that you submit larger pictures so we can examine features. Very often with Slingerland drums, serial numbers alone without correlating to other features can be deceiving.[/COLOR]

Posted on 18 years ago
Wouter
Posted on 18 years ago

[COLOR="Indigo"][COLOR="Navy"]Wouter:

Apologies for the delayed response, things have been a bit busy.

Just a couple of questions to pin it down. Are the shell interiors clear maple with reinforcing rings, or is there a beige weak chocolate milk stain over the maple wood? Also do the toms have tone controls with solid knobs or do the knobs have a hole in the middle?[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Posted on 18 years ago

Hello Doc,

I never realised to look to the knobs. And when I just did, I saw that one knob has a hole in the middle and one is solid.. :\ The one on the floortom is lost..A very cheap looking one is fixed onto it..

I now realise that the drums originally not have formed one kit, but could be set together..:confused:

What about the milky finish on the inside, I can't see anything like that so I think it isn't there.

For more information just ask, I really apriciate your help :)

Wouter

Wouter
Posted on 18 years ago

I'm going to go with early 70s. I have a set like yours (same finish too), but more traditional sizes (22", 16", 13", 12", and 14" Snare). The one drum with the wildly different serial number is likely placed with the set later on. It is possible to have Slingerland drums with serial numbers in slightly different places... but not that wacky! As for value???? I don't know, but I love it! I bet with those gigantic sizes that it sounds HUGE! Yummy.

Posted on 18 years ago

:) Yes it sounds LOUD ..:P

To save my neighbours a bit I play on a maxwin set with muffled heads at the moment. I use triggers and a ddrummodule with it.

Thanks for your replay,

Wouter

Wouter
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here