Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Slingerland Phantom

Slingerland Phantom all set up and ready to go!

I have the 12 inch tom and the set-o-matic double tom holder but gotta set em up how you're comfortable.

1 attachments
1973 Slingerland Phantom 13,16,22
Late 30s Slingerland Radio King- 7x14
SJC Custom Snare Pink Sparkle- 8x14
62 Slingerland COB Radio King- 5x14
Posted on 13 years ago

Those are cool. How do they sound?

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 13 years ago

From james

Those are cool. How do they sound?

The bass drum and floor tom are incredible. Rack toms are pretty awesome as well but not nearly as amazing as the floor and bass.

Posted on 13 years ago

MD - Try a set of clear black dots on em. I use blk. dots on my vista's and they kill. Great tone and lots of attack. Also, air cushioned rubber feet on the floor tom legs and bass drum spurs will really impress you with how much more 'everything' you'll get out of the low-end of the drums.

Man, I do love those Phantoms! Cool1

Congrats on a great score...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 13 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

MD - Try a set of clear black dots on em. I use blk. dots on my vista's and they kill. Great tone and lots of attack. Also, air cushioned rubber feet on the floor tom legs and bass drum spurs will really impress you with how much more 'everything' you'll get out of the low-end of the drums. Man, I do love those Phantoms! Cool1Congrats on a great score...John

I'll definitely try out the air cushioned feet I can't imagine much more low end being brought out of these as is haha. I currently have acquarian response 2 clears on there. I'll try out some black dots when its time for a change. I know those were the traditional drum head on vistas

Posted on 13 years ago

> I know those were the traditional drum head on vistas...

For good reason! It's a marriage made in Heaven; plastic tubs & black dots go together like peanut butter & jelly.

Re: air-cushioned feet... The difference in sound that comes from adding the air cushioned feet, is going to blow your mind if you've never used them before. I couldn't believe the difference the first time I used them. I buy them by the dozen now and I add them to every drum with feet or spurs that I buy. It's like getting a whole new drum (a better sounding one,) for just $6.00!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 13 years ago

Which brand,John?

Pearl or.....?

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here