Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Slingerland Oyster Pink Pearl

My son just signed up to play drums in beginner band, a chip off the old block (more talented chip I hope).

Anyway, I am thinking about pulling out my first set for him which is a 1967 Gene Krupa Deluxe Outfit (1N) in Oyster Pink Pearl with a Gene Krupa Soundking (#130 8 lug) Chrome Snare.

First question: The vintage Zildjian Cymbals that I had are not in the best shape (cracked crash and keyhold hi-hats). What would be a decent set (ride, crash, hats) to put with this set that would look close to original?

Second question: The set was manufactured in December of 1967 (date stamp in the bass drum looks like new) which is the same month and year I was manufactured! Does anyone have a S.W.A.G. to what the value of this set may be? I am considering putting him in a new set until he can appreciate this one. This one looks like brand new with the exception of the cowbell which I think a good polishing will take care of and the original brushes which have the rubber coating flaking off of them.

Posted on 16 years ago

There was an older early sixties set that went for 1,550.00$ on a buyitnow after someone placed a bad bid at the last second. I was hoping to win that auction. It was a 22,13 16 without a snare. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it.

Lucky

Posted on 16 years ago

Lucky,

If interested, I have a Slingerland Pink Oyster 20.12.14, no snare, that I am willing to sell....

Posted on 16 years ago

[QUOTE=vadrums;19265]Lucky,

If interested, I have a Slingerland Pink Oyster 20.12.14, no snare, that I am willing to sell....[/QUOTE

Got any pics?

Posted on 16 years ago

I'd replace the cymbals with used Zildjians from the 60s and 70s...they're plentiful and inexpensive compared to new high end cymbals.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here