Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

slingerland oakwood or cherrywood snare drum

Hello ,

Could anybody tell me if Slingerland ever produced a 14 x 5 snare drum in oakwood oil or cherrywood oil finish?

These finishes were only produced, as far as I know , in 1979, but it is not clear to me if they produced snare drums in that finish. I have a bass drum, and two toms in that finish.

If so, can somebody tell me where I can find it?

Thx and regards,

Ivo Bultheel

(Belgium)

[email]ivo.bultheel@scarlet.be[/email]

Posted on 18 years ago

The main web site has the info you seek regarding finishes

Click Here

You can keep an eye out on the dealer web sites and or search Ebay

daily and add the drum you want to your automatic searches on Ebay.

It will appear some day

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Ok David

thx for your answer, but does it mean that when i find the oakwood or cherrywood finish in the 1979 slingerland catalog that it is sure that Slingerland also produced a snare drum in that finish ?

The website page you showed me only shows the name of the finishes, not the drums that are produced in that finish.

UNfortunately I don't have the 1979 catalog at my disposal.

Could anybody help me to answer this?

best regards

[email]Ivo.bultheel@scarlet.be[/email]

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, you could get any finish and that is how the snares are listed in the 1979 catalog. Many times even finishes that were not in catalogs were still available for order.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

dear david

thx. Do you have the 1979 catalog at your disposal?

Could you see a drum set called 'roadie' in it ?

if so, could you tell me in what kind of finish(es) it was produced ?

Or even better: could you scan the page about the roadie setup and mail it to me pls in a legible way ?

This could help me a lot. I came across a beautiful old slingerland drum set from the end of the seventies, in oilwood or cherrywood finish, i'm not sure. with an 18 inch bassdrum, a 12' tom and 14' floor tom. I think it could be the roadie set up. unfortunately there is no matching snare drum. that's why I'm looking for it via this forum. But i'm not 100% sure about the name of the finish. that's why i need to have this 1979 catalog to check it.

thx and best regards

Ivo

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here