Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Slingerland lug ID................

I have 12 of these lugs I think are Slingerland. They are chrome over brass. They don't have the little nub that pokes into the hole in the shell where the mounting screws go in that other Slingerland lugs seem to have. They are flat/flush in that area. Are these indeed Slingerland lugs and if so what year(s) were they used? Or are they something else? Any leads would be great. Thanks, Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

I'm thinkin MIJ clones...not Slingerland fer sure, and not chrome over brass.

Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Kevin. I'm sure your right on them not being COB either. I see a brass color under the chrome which I think is just part of the plating process if I'm remembering correctly. Other than the little nubs the Slingerland lugs have these look like a exact copy. Same length and width too. Many thanks.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

Definitely MIJ lugs... made of pot metal.

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks good to know. They are a pretty good copy with only very subtle differences.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

From FFR428

Thanks good to know. They are a pretty good copy with only very subtle differences.

Glenn,

I've seen a lot that appear to be "dead-ringers" for the Slingerlands. I even got a bunch of the MIJ's one time when I was buying a large lot of Slingerland lugs. I never once thought the seller was trying to pull something -- I thought it was just an honest mistake and I got such a good deal it really didn't matter.

The key (to me anyway) is the missing "nubs" on the underside -- that's what I look for first when picking up Slingerland lugs.

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Bill that's good to know. I always thought they were maybe a later version of Slingerlands where the nubs were dropped for whatever reason. Seemed like an odd thing to do since it helps place and locate the lug in the holes. I never gave it much thought till now. Was looking at some of the MIJ kit pics here and said to myself those look just like slingerland lugs. LOL. :)

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here