Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Slingerland light blue pearl wrap Q's............

Hi everyone~! I have a old Radio King orphan 13" tom I'd like to add to my kit. The RK tom has no wrap and maple exterior ply. From what I've read this was a painted or stained shell. Sadly it's been drilled and has a 2" hole on the seam for some kind of tom mount. I have 6 original NOB lugs and need 6 more and a couple hoops. I was thinking about wrapping it in something close that might match my mellowed LBP kit. My wrap looks like a light gray with some yellow/greenish hues. Looking at Jammin Sams site there's a few possible wraps that might fit the bill. But I'd like some feedback before I ask for samples.

First the orignal Light Blue Pearl, or Sky Blue Pearl as they call it is way to blue. Although I thought about maybe tinting it yellow to match? The flat scan looks close color wise but the wrapped kit pics shows it's way more blue.

Next they have Sliver Smoke Pearl which looks ok match wise but is no longer offered.

Sea Shell Pearl looks nice too and close color but the pattern is way different. I can deal with that if the color is close.

Has anyone had any luck trying to match this wrap color with the new wraps on the market? It does not have to be a perfect match but close 5-10 footer would be nice. I also need to do my bass hoop inlays as well. If anyone by chance has a old piece of Slingerland LBP wrap please PM me. I'd be interested.

Thanks all, Glenn.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Glenn,

Unfortunately none of the present LBP or similar wraps are close to old Slingerland LBP. The pattern on the new LBP is different than the vintage Slingerland, it's more horizontal or strata like in appearance. I covered a set in the new wrap and use my original LBP solid shell Artist from 1965. Big difference in the colors. The snare has turned an almost greenish gray color, the new LBP is very blue. Best advice I can give is get a few samples from Sam and take a lug off one of your old drums to see the original color then match accordingly.

Regards

DonS

Posted on 12 years ago

Don, thanks very much for the reply. Yes I didn't think there was anything close to matching. When I bought the kit the shells were bare so I could see what the original color is like under the rims, lugs and tom mounts. I might take a ride to Precision they are in NY not too far from here and bring one of my drums along. And see what they suggest. I didin't think this was going to be easy. LOL. thanks though!!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here