Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Slingerland Krupa model?

Hello,

THis is my first post I am pleased to announce but I must say I am on this site everyday, amazing source of info. I just picked up a Slingerland snare to add to the collection and wanted to get a little more info on it. I believe it is a 1962 COB (53,871 niles gold Badge) artist strainer but I have seen it referred to as the "Krupa" as well? ANy info on the fine details would be much appreciated as well as the App. value. Tying to add pics but they are too big for for the forum.

Thanks

Don

Posted on 16 years ago

The artist strainer you are mentioning is called the Zoomatic.

The Artist snare drum was wood and at one very brief moment in history was called the Buddy Rich Artist Model Snare drum.

The metal Gene Krupa Sound King did have the Zoomatic strainer and is the drum you are talking about.

Now, the technical stuff as to when it was called what I leave to DrCJW and a future article I hope.

Regardless most people do call it either a Sound King or a Gene Krupa Sound King, depending on how they are selling it.

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here