Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Slingerland Kit...Mystery Badge

I just bought my husband a red Slingerland kit and we are trying to determine how old it is. It is in cherry condition. The badge, however, does not match any of the badges posted on this site. It says "Slingerland Quality Drums" and has a serial number, but does not say Chicago or Niles or USA underneath. I have attached a picture (it's not our kit, but it's the same badge). Any idea when it was manufactured?

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

The badge on your kit is a HSS Era Badge, used from the late 1980s through the early 1990s. You can view this badge on Page 149 of Rob Cook's publication, "The Slingerland Book."Cool Dude

Slingerland used this particular badge on imported drums such as the Spirit series and Artist Custom drums.

Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you! Upon further investigation, it looks like it's the Artist Custom Series. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the Spirit series I find have a Spirit logo/sticker.

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]lilrothy:

The stickers you are thinking of are possibly the ones that appeared on the Gibson-era version of the Spirits. The Gretsch HSS era Spirits typically just used the badge shown, which as OldSchool points out also appeared on the contemporary HSS Artists. One quick check on your bass drum is the hoops - metal with matching White Gloss inlays would indicate Spirit whereas the Artist Customs would have wood hoops painted a matching white.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here