Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Slingerland Kit w. Original Hardware, Opinion needed!

I just picked up a 60's gold badge SLingerland kit. I cant afford to keep (I have 2 others) so I plan on selling. I dont want to cannibalize the kit, so here is my dillema. It came with a fairly decent set of mostly intact original hardware (cymbal stand, hi-hat, bass pedal, throne)

My thinking is that most people wouldnt want the hardware so I should sell it seperately. The kit isnt museum perfect so it seems like I should sell the drums to someone who wants the drums and the hardware to somebody who wants the hardware because they are probably not the same person.

Anyone have any thoughts about my logic? It seems the vintage hardware would have much less appeal overall.

Also, the main reason the kit isnt perfect is that the tom mount was replaced with a center double mount- so extra holes in bass drum. Also a second tom was included which has a silver badge but the same wrap. I will probably just sell that seperately since it isnt original and hopefully reunite it with its original kit.

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

Just watching a lot of sales seems to indicate most people sell each piece of hardware separately... just the throne, just the hat, each stand, bass pedal... then they sell the snare separately... then they sell the basic kit... bass, toms, floor tom (with mounting hardware).

I think your kit sounds like a good candidate for that approach... and going the step beyond and parting what was not original... with the one tom that was added later... sure sell that one separately.

Yeah... your logic holds up.

I hate to see kits broken up to but I think your kit sounds like a great one to help fill out other projects that people could be working on.

:2Cents: just barely :)

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the advice. When I get around to photographing the kit, I will post some pics. I think that makes sense about the hardware. People probablywould only need a piece or two to fill out a kit so I should probably piecemeal it.

I am torn about the snare though. It is a nice matching one. I am tempted to keep for myself but I hate to break up the kit. It seems sort of sleazy!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here