Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Slingerland ID for new hardware.

I just got a Slingerland 14 x 10 snare that was converted to a tom. I want to convert it back to original. Can some one let me know what and where to get the hardware? I'm not sure if the hardware is original or not. Check out the holes and tell me what you think. Thanksband3

Posted on 17 years ago

The lugs look original I believe marching snares used those.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

It also had a Zoomatic strainer, extended buttplate, legrest and keyholder.

Posted on 17 years ago

Sounds like youve got everything to make it a snare again then.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

As previously said everything looks to be in order.I have a Slingerland marching snare myself.Has the same zoomatic strainer,drum key holder.The only difference is mine uses the single lug design ( the lug in the center of the drum ) as opposed to the solid lug design.But the lugs you have are 100% slingerland and are more than likely origional.Definatly a nice drum though.And once you convert it back to a snare be prepared for one heck of a killer drum. Here is what mine looks like.

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/ARCHSxDOMAIN/MVC-007F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/ARCHSxDOMAIN/MVC-004F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/ARCHSxDOMAIN/MVC-001F-1.jpg[/IMG]

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago

Where can I get the hardware for this drum?

Posted on 17 years ago

I'm not sure how easy it will be to find the drum key holder.I can't recall ever seeing one on ebay or for sale on any forum.But thats more of a convienece factor and isn't really a needed piece of the drum.The best place to find the zoomatic strainer would be ebay.There is always a few up for sale.Just make sure it has all the parts required.Certain parts such as the know and the piece in which it locks into ( i forget the name ) may be hard to come across ( unless you use one from a stencil strainer which would work ) for the butt plate.If you can find a slingerland on ebay you could always get a new one until you find a vintage one.Lukily those you can find new anywhere.For mine I bought new rims and new snare wires.The drum didn't have them when I bought it.You can try and find vintage rims ( if you don't have ) or buy new.From the photos i've seen I think thats really all you need is just bottom rim,zoomatic strainer,butt plate,and wires.Wirse also just buy new.But yea ebay is definatly your best bet for finding the strainer.Just be aware they sell for a pretty penny.I've seen them go for 75$ and up.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the info. I do have the bottom rim. I took it off to get inside. I looked on ebay and saw a strainer for around $36 and thought that was too much. I bought the drum for that. I do want to get it together and play it soon. It will sound deep and fat.

Posted on 17 years ago

Actually depending on how you tune this drum can have a tight crack.Mine does...and I wasn't expecting it at all,lol. And the price of the zoomatic is steep.But to find complete ones in good working condition these days is rare hense such the collectors demand for them.At the very least though you have the tom mount on the drum which you could always remove and sell for $10-$15 ( maybe more...i'm not sure how much those go for ) and that should give you some extra cash to put towards the Zoomatic.Another option for the time being ( and if you can find one ) is find a stencil strainer with the same hole configuration and use that until you feel like paying for a Zoomatic.I've seen a few stencil snares where the mounting screws are on top such as the zoomatic.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks. I put a bid on a snare on ebay for $11 that had a zoomatic. Maybe I can get one on a drum where the seller doesn't know what they have. Thanks for the Idea for the drum mount. I will put that on ebay.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here