Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Slingerland Hi Hat Stand

Hello All,

I purchased a black Slingerland Buddy Rich 80N set a few months ago, and I am currently restoring the entire set. From the badge numbers I believe this set is from about 1977. I will have many questions for all of you, but the first will concern the hi hat stand. The chrome was really dirty and rusted, but with the help of Flitz Metal Cleaner & Polish it came out much better than expected. I would like to paint the base, which is badly scratched and chipped. How does the base detach from the rest of the stand?

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Hi,

I managed to spray the base of one of these years ago.. I did not attempt to remove the base.. but just carefully "masked" it off with some plastic bags & a little masking tape.. Came out good.. Have done some BD pedals as well, just with masking.

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 12 years ago

I've got one in my hands right now! Just the base with chromed tube attached. The tube is actually 2 tubes in one. Very difficult to tell, but the tube is either screwed in or press-fit in. Either way, it's an incredibly tight fit! Personally, I'd just mask of the tube and paint the base.

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for your help. I figured there would be an easier way to paint the base. I was more worried about having to break the weld between the pedal and the shaft, but now I see that I won't have to do that.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here