Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Slingerland heads

Who manufactured Slingerland heads? Was it Slingerland or did someone else make them and relabeled them as Slingerland?

What would be the modern equivalent of a Slingerland head from the early 70's - specifically coated?

Posted on 15 years ago

Depends on the era. They made their own for ages (and were involved in a huge lawsuit with Ludwig over plastic head technology) but some time in the 70s they switched to Remo. In the HSS era, it was Evans.

For an early 70s coated, assuming it's similar to the 60s coated ones I have, it feels to me a little thinner than an Ambassador but not quite a Diplomat. I think a Ludwig coated Weather Master might be close as you can get modern.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the help Rob. I was given one used Slingerland coated head when I bought the Slingerland set I have. So I decided to throw it on just to see what it sounded like. Both my wife and I liked the sound, so I think I might try to get something like it when I replace my heads.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Maybe an Attack coated or an Evans G1 would also be a similar weight/feel....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here