Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Slingerland Hardware

This mounting bracket is on a 58 Slingerland bass drum. Is it Slingerland gear?

And, what would it be for?

Thanking you in advance!!

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

It looks like it would be a small percussion mount. It seems like it would hold two hex rods (ala Rogers) that would in turn hold a cowbell and a wood block. That's what it looks like. I've never seen one of those before that was almost a rectangular prism. That's odd. Rogers was a bit more artistic in their mounts. Same with Slingerland. So, I'm not sure who would have built it.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks Mcjnic!!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Bump

Thanks!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

I appreciate it, but I don't think I 'solved' the puzzle. I still don't know who did it and am not 100% on the 'what it is' part of the question. Mine was a guess. Hopefully, someone out there has this one down.

Posted on 15 years ago

Well, thanks anyway.... Glad to hear you're keeping the Slingys, BTW!!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Bump

Thanking all in advance for your help...

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

From kevins

This mounting bracket is on a 58 Slingerland bass drum. Is it Slingerland gear?And, what would it be for?Thanking you in advance!!

Looks to me like a Japanese double tom mount, not Slingerland.

I remember those in the 60's and 70's... Pearl had a similar system before they came out with their better design in the mid 70's.

Posted on 15 years ago

Bump............

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

I just removed some mounts like that from a couple old Royce bass drums. They look identical, same hex holes, drum key tightening system, and 4 mounting screws. I also have the tom mount arm that fits the hex holes. I'll shoot a couple pics tonight if I can remember and post them up to compare.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here