Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Slingerland gold/black 80s badge

Im looking at a set for sale online, a slingerland WMP buddy rich style kit...looks nice but the weird thing is, the guys says he bought them new in the 80's and there are gold/black badges on them. the badge is different than most gold ones, it doesnt say niles, illinois. only says " USA".

Are these jasper shelled slingerlands from the era of Gretsch ownership? the drums have heavier hardware with a pearl style tom mount and heavy duty spurs on the kick

Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds like an 80's import kit..

Not worth that much compared to the real deal.

David

Here are the Slingerland Badges on the web site and that badge is near the bottom

Posted on 15 years ago

The badges say USA!!

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, still imported.

Not a true Slingerland set of drums. They were imported into the USA by a company called Music Yo.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

Yep, still imported. Not a true Slingerland set of drums. They were imported into the USA by a company called Music Yo. David

i've seen the music-yo crap .. and they used the big oversize badges. these badges im looking at are the same size as the old 60's niles badges.

im not questioning your expertice but how could a company write USA on something thats not built in the USA?

Posted on 15 years ago

The badge on that page with the USA is a badge off of one of my snare drums. It is a Music Yo drum and it is the same size as other Slingerland Badges.

If you can post a photo, then we can for sure ID the drums.

Oh, I do make mistakes!

David

This is the badge?

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/badges/slingerland/slingerland_black_gold_oval2_large.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

The badge on that page with the USA is a badge off of one of my snare drums. It is a Music Yo drum and it is the same size as other Slingerland Badges. If you can post a photo, then we can for sure ID the drums. Oh, I do make mistakes! DavidThis is the badge?[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/badges/slingerland/slingerland_black_gold_oval2_large.jpg[/IMG]

yeah looks like the same badge

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Well, ok, there were 3 or 4 badges after the Niles Era and before the Ridgeland SC USA Drums.

As always without photos of the drums and interiors, we are just speculating.

Here are the Slingerland Catalogs that I have in to the 90's, so you can see if the drums are picture there.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I hate those badges...they were precisely designed that way to fool folks; they look just enough like an older vintage badge....how scummy.....:mad:[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

Well, ok, there were 3 or 4 badges after the Niles Era and before the Ridgeland SC USA Drums.As always without photos of the drums and interiors, we are just speculating.Here are the Slingerland Catalogs that I have in to the 90's, so you can see if the drums are picture there.David

Here are the pictures of the kit. the close up of the badge is attached in the previous message

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here