Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Slingerland floor tom/bass cymbal mount

Is there a difference in the 1971 Slingerland floor tom leg mount and the bass cymbal mount? I stripped out one of my bass cymbal mounts (where the tension screw tightens down the cymbal L-arm) and am searching for a replacement. Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think that is something which Slingy kept consistent thru their production...the FT leg mount and bass cymbal mount were the same piece of hardware.

You know that those are pricey, yes ? Have you considered having it re-threaded ? Around here a metal guy rethreads for $20, incl. a new thumbscrew...while a single mount on eFlayis usually in the $35 range....

just a thought....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Ah yes. Strip-o-matic by Slingerland! Great sounding drums but the cymbal mounts, f.tom brackets and spurs could have been engineered better. My 1966 kit still works and sounds fine....I think over-tightening did these parts in for many people. I think re-threading is smart....you never know how much "life" a used one has left.

Posted on 15 years ago

I have payed upwards of $65 for one of those so $35 is a great price. I am guilty of over tightening also! I think it has to do with playing with all that angst.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Also...I am sure any Slingy fan has done THIS once: snapped up one of those mounts SANS the thumbscrew...figuring "eh, I've got plenty of a variety of thumbscrews here, one will fit !"

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.

Wrong.

Yes, you are right Lucky...the $35 is if you get, well....lucky.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here