Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Slingerland first dual super strainer 1967-69

Anyone know where I can get an original set of wires designed for this snare?

I tried to use some puresounds and they are not long enough. I think I might need some wires made for the 15" marching snare drum. Please pm me,and thanks.

Posted on 13 years ago

I am in the hunt right now for same. I'll let you know if I find any good sources.

Here's photos that show the rigged short snares I am running now.

Adequate, but uninspiring.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63320705@N04/sets/

1969 Slingerland WTP 13 13 16 20
1960s Rogers BlueOnyx 20
Posted on 13 years ago

Nice to see another snare like mine,sorry to see the same problems. This search is on for the both of us. If I find some wires that work I will let you know as well. Not a bad rigging job using shorter wires. At least you can play it.

Posted on 13 years ago

Snooter the super sound king strainers are the same,the only difference is that they added a guard.......As for the puresound wires you need the clamshell radio king set of wires the one with the hole in the center of the ends...Those wires should work as they are the correct length 16".....I have two super sound kings and both have the origional wires.......Great drums

Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you, Vinny, for that good info.

So there is no additional hardware, just the right kind of end on the 16inch strands? The reason I ask is because of this photo from here:

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/drcjw/article_5_strainers_5super-1.htm#

Looking at that, I thought there was some sort of cigar shaped adapter that attached the wires to the bottom of the throw-off. If that is not the case, cool! We may be much closer to solving this than I thought.

Thanks,

Vincent

1 attachments
1960s Rogers BlueOnyx 20
Posted on 13 years ago

Vin,Heres a shot of both ends of one of my drums...Just get the radio king clamshell wires.As you can see it takes the single screw on both sides

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Vinny, I just ordered one.

Vincent you can grab one for $27.99 with free shipping from Amazon.com.

I will give this a shot, it looks promising.

Posted on 13 years ago

Just ordered mine, too! Thank you both so much - this is gonna be wicked.

Have a good time this weekend!!

1960s Rogers BlueOnyx 20
Posted on 13 years ago

Just wondering how you guys made out with the snare wires..........

Posted on 13 years ago

snare wires seem to be good. I guess I need a couple of washers and a bolt for the assembly and then have to figure out the dual strainer adjustments. It seems to not want to make the snare sound and then when released it wants to drop to far. I will figure this out. How are you other guys doing with this snare?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here