Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Slingerland Ensemble 5-n Snare I.D.

What model snare drum is pictured in our catalog scans for the Slingerland 1955 Swingmaster Ensemble 5-N Outfit?

I see double-ended lugs, and a three point strainer, but no Radio King gates?

I think that's what I see, but I don't see a match for that in the snare drum catalog scans for 1955, except for the Student Model Radio King, which has clip style tension rods, which I don't think the snare on the '55 5-N Outfit has??

I checked Rob Cook's book also, but haven't found an answer there either.

Thanking all for their help in advance!!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey,

It looks like a match to me. It even has the same part number (no. 151). It has the clips and the gate. Does you computer allow you to zoom in on the pics? That may be it. The lighting is very strange on that one. The gate has a light shadowing bit at that spot. If you zoom in, it seems to be the gate. I think these pics may have been painted on to improve them or something. They look a bit cartoony to me. The lighting looks 'off' on those old shots. I had to zoom both pics on a side by side in order to see it.

Posted on 15 years ago

Holy crap.... Part Numbers, what a concept! DOHDOH

That's a Double-DUH

Laughing H

Thanks Man!!

BTW, is this your first day back at work, and you're already sneaking onto the company computer to stay in touch during the day? :)

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Tomorrow is the "official" first day back. We did two days a week or two ago. We hit the training for three days this week and two days next week. School starts Wednesday the 19th. The day before school starts, we are all going on a field trip to the Clinton Library. I assume it's to check out the countries largest collection of pop-up books, but I can't say for certain.

I just took delivery of the spare classic lugs from Luddydude, so I'm swapping out the lugs on that green Standard floor tom. That should put it right with the rest of the kit. It's my last project before "work" begins.

Posted on 15 years ago

You have had a very fun-filled and productive summer restoration-wise!!!

Was it four kits total?

The Mahogany Slingy set is my fave, but I'm sure you had a blast with each of them!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Six kits and seven or so snares and a huge freekin' mess of hardware. It was an amazing time of healing and peace. I loved it. I have hung on to four kits and five snares. That's about it. I really like these kits. I'll get my Rogers kit (red onyx or maybe a red glass in typical 22/16/13) within a year. I saw one on ebay but now is not the time to purchase. I'm stepping back for a couple of months. Come Thanksgiving, all bets are off.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here