Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland Drums For Sale

SOLD

Price lowered to $1200

I am selling my 1977 or 1978 Slingerland Classic Rock 61N drums.

Sizes are 13, 14, 16, 18, 24, with 6 1/2" by 14 Chrome snare.

They are white pearl with virtually zero yellowing. The bottom rim of the 16" floor tom has some chrome flaking. Otherwise there is minimal (but some) light pitting on some of the rims and a few of the lug casings.

The wrap on all drums is bright, with depth, and is tight to the drums with no issues. There are no additional holes in any of the wood drums. The snare has a hole drilled above the strainer.

Below are the descriptions of the drums:

13" Tom, serial # 355215. This drum is five ply. The rest are all three ply with rerings. I believe the drums were all sold together, as the serial number fits with the others, and this was the age of Slingerland's transition to five ply drums. I can hear no difference in the drum composition. Chrome Set-o-Matic mount.

14" Tom, Serial # 362053. Chrome Set-o-Matic mount.

16" Floor Tom, Serial # 358216. Three original legs. One leg has an area of chrome missing (smaller than a pencil eraser). Original wing bolts on the leg mounts. Flaking and some pitting on bottom rim.

18" Floor Tom, Serial # 362344. Four original legs, original wing bolts on mounts.

24" Bass Drum, Serial # 362084. Four spurs with four mounts. All original. No rubber tips for spurs. Semi-gloss black hoops appear to have original paint, but that's only my best guess. Chrome hoop inlays in very good condition. Chrome Set-o-Matic mount with Super Set-o-Matic tom rack. A few of the T-handles are loose from their shaft, but none have come off.

6 1/2" Chrome snare, Serial # 362109. There is a hole drilled in the shell above the Zoomatic strainer, a small dent below the tone control, and a few minor scratches on the shell, but it looks and plays fantastic.

Overall, these drums have been a joy to own and play. However, I have been downsizing the drums I use and gig, and these drums are just too large.

I have many more photos, and can take more specific photos if requested.

Because of their size, I would prefer not to ship, but if I must, then I must.

Asking $1200.

Josh

Posted on 5 years ago

Wow if you sell those at that price the market is really wide open

Good luck

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

This is a very nice unmolested original set. Beautiful WMP. Nicely clustered serials. The seller is very forthright with disclosing the few flaws. This one won't disappoint.

Posted on 5 years ago

Alright, lads and lasses,

I have had one nibble on these, but it seemed to have fizzled out. Help me out here.

1. Is the price too high?

2. Is it the brand that does not appeal? I know Slingerland doesn't always command top $.

3. Am I too far out in Timbuktu, and shipping these bigs drums too scary?

4. Are the drum sizes unpopular?

5. Is the one 5-ply drum in the mix a deal killer?

6. Do I have halitosis?

7. All of the above?

Posted on 5 years ago

Price reduction. $1200.

Posted on 5 years ago

I would never sell my WMP that cheap.

although I do have every size in the catalog LOL

1 attachments
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 4 years ago

Gary you will be buried with them lol!

Btw you still in a band?

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 4 years ago

I'm in recording studio now with a few guys, the set up he has in his basement is unreal. Live gigs are tough now, I don't feel good about going in a bar now anyway. LOL

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here