Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

slingerland drum set

red sparkle drum set that belonged to my dad. It is a slingerland and am trying to find out its value. It has a couple of stress cracks but other than that i think it looks ok for its age. He had it in his first band in 1963 and again in 1965. Its been in storage since then. any information i could get would be greatly appreciated.

Tammy

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi. Can you post some pictures of the drums?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Sounds really nice Tammy!! Red Sparkle always seems to bring a little extra value.

Stuff like the sizes of the drums across the top... the color of oval badges on the drums (all brass, brass and black, black and silver)... which drums have badges.. the style of badge(serial number or no serial number)... the style of the bass drum tension rods that hold the hoops on, (smooth to a rounded point, little "ball" on the end, or flat).. the color of the inside of the drums (stained or plain wood).. sometimes you can still see the dates stamped inside the drums to..

That kind of stuff really helps figuring out exactly what the drums are.

Figuring it out is a great little riddle, puzzle, mystery

Close up pictures are best... there are people on here with amazing knowlegde on these drums. Give them the clues and they will figure it out!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here