Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Slingerland Drum Set - Value???

Greetings!

Hoping someone could help to identify the age and value of my Slingerland drum set. The badge is the silver and black oval, and indicates it was manufactured in Niles, IL. The finish is diamond pearl (to the best of my knowledge), and the set includes a 22" kick drum, 12", 13", and 16" toms. The condition is average, or better than average considering the age. The kick pedal is not original (ludwig), however, the highhat stand and pedal are original to the best of my knowledge. I'll attempt to post pictures.

Any help in identifying the age and value would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on 17 years ago

No idea of the value...but some Slingerland experts will soon be around to answer that one. However, there is a special area of this website dedicated to badge identification located right beneath the website logo at the top of the page...Here, check it out:

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/slingerland_badges.html

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

The set would probably sell between $400 and $750 at the high end. Average condition puts it near the lower end in my opinion.

The sizes and finish would make this kit worth less then smaller drums

and a different finish.

For some reason BDP wrap gets a bad "RAP" from many vintage collectors.

Still a nice set and very playable!

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you both for the feedback. Need to make some room for a new family addition, and let these drums go. I suppose I'll initially price these on the high side, and see what the market will allow. After reviewing a number of Slingy sets on eBay, I believe this set is in much better condition than most.

Thanks Again!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here