Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Slingerland Drum Project....I think

Hey guys,

Newbie here. I just acquired three Slingerland shells along with the badges for $25. There's quite a few issues with these shells as you can see from the pictures. The edges are in bad shape, few hairline cracks on the interiors, and the reinforcement rings on the snare are detaching slightly.

The owner from which I purchased these from did some work to them. Including the removal of the Duco finish. My guess is this set due to the lug placement is either a "Jam Session" or "Stage Band". I understand that these are on the cheaper side of the Slingerland line, but what the hell. I love restoring drums. And I would use them for light gigging and mostly recording.

Here's my questions:

1.) Would you restore these? I'm really not looking to sell

2.) I cannot find the Bass Drum Claws, and the long tension rods are hard to come by.

3.) How would one fix the cracks on the interior?

4.) Could I just add some glue to the reinforcement rings and clamp them?

Here's a link to the imgur album. I had a hard time uploading the files as attachments, (maybe they were too big). If you guys see anything I'm missing please let me know! and thanks a ton for the help!

http://imgur.com/a/ThCRM

What's a single stroke roll?
Posted on 8 years ago

Can you post some pics of the problems you're asking about ?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

I managed to upload some. The imgur album has better quality.

Posted on 8 years ago

Bump. Any thought ya'll?

Posted on 8 years ago

Sorry I just now saw this again, your right, The drum shells are the single lug / stage band type shells. Place an ad for the parts you need in the wanted to buy section here on the forum. The other issues with the shells are not hard at all if you've got wood working experience.?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here