Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Slingerland Drum Kit question

I am trying to find out a little more information/history on this kit. I'm pretty certain it was made in the 60's and I believe it's the light blue pearl finish. I also may be selling so any opinions as to what its worth would be great.

By the way I just came across this forum and I think it's really great, I will surely pass it along to others. Thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago

Nice set. The finish is sky blue pearl. The date on those drums is between 1965 and 1968. Slingerland started putting badges on their toms in '65 and they switched to the setomatic (which is not what you have) tom mount in '68. If you have a date stamp on the inside of the shells, it could tell you for certain.

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

Those sizes and that hardware... the early double tom mount, wing nut floor tom leg holders, bent legs on the floor tom, torpedo style bass drum t-rods ... I'm thinking that is a late '67 Modern Solo Outfit 2-R or an early '68 Rock Outfit 50N.

Great color they look in good condition, no snare, no cymbals ... I'd say something like $600 or better would be expected.. Maybe $800... that nice wrap might take it higher.

But I am a total novice who just likes to look and read.. almost anybody else out here is a better evaluation than mine.

Look for a date stamp on the shells... that's certainly the most positive way to date them.

Good luck.. nice drums!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Does the tom mount say slingerland or leedy. I have a 64 set with what looks like the same tom mount on the bass drum. Mine says leedy on it. Also are they choclate milk interriors?

Posted on 16 years ago

The Tom mount does say 'Slingerland' and the interior shells do have the chocolate milk color.

Posted on 16 years ago

I would say Jim is pretty accurate with his value.

Posted on 16 years ago

Are they 12-13-16-20? Did you see a date stamp.. just curious?

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Jim thanks for the info. Those sizes would be correct, however I could not find a date stamp. If there was one it may be gone now. I was hoping to get maybe 800-900. I'll list them and see what happens.

Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]MichaelT:

Modern Solo kit, made in March, April, or May of 1968.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here