Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Slingerland drum kit id.......?

I recently bought a slingerland drum set, and was wondering if anyone had any info about it. The kit includes a 5.5X14 snare, 20X14 bass drum, and 12X8 tom. They have the slingerland black and brass oval tag with no serial. ( Niles, Illinois) I'm a bit confused on the finish though...cant find a picture that resembles it . It is definetly sparkle (Midnight blue, black...kind of looks like a dark purple to me!) The kit came with all original hardware and cases. Ziljian cymbals, leather strap hi hat pedal...it even had slingerland calf skin heads on it!! Does any one have any further info or a price on this set. Thanks

Posted on 18 years ago

The color of your kit is most likely blue sparkle. Slingerland's blue sparkle at times was a very, very deep blue color that some people confuse with a violet color. Slingerland did in fact make a purple sparkle finish, but only for about a year and this was circa 73, so it was much later than your set.

Steve

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the info steve. Would you happen to know what a price range on this set may be? I've checked out ebay and can't find anything quite like it. Thanks.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here