Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland Drum Info Needed

My neighbor has a set of Slingerland drums. They are bright blue (solid, not metal flake), a few nicks and scratches, but no big deal. They appear to be "in round".She says she bought them used in like 75 or so, played them for 5 years and then stored them in cases for 20 years. She's recently set them up thinking she might sell them.

My son is interested in drums and I'm thinking maybe I'll buy them. The set has 1 bass, 5 toms, snare, hi-hat, and 4 cymbals with hardware. She's saying she wants a couple grand for the set. Is this reasonable?

The nameplate says they were made in Indiana (I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. Wierd city name, too, like Mame?

Anyway, here are the serial numbers, I'll post pics whn I get a chance to take some:

Bass Drum: 330134

Floor Tom: 31988

Tom: 330160

Tom: 330180

Tom: 330178

Tom: 330193

Posted on 18 years ago

Nope!

The price is way to high!

A set like that depending on the cymbals and actual condition.

More like $400 - $800

The color is called Blue Gloss.

Are the toms single headed or double headed.

Hope that helps, ask her to set them up and take a picture.

David

P.S.

You should go the old school way and buy sticks and a practice pad. If he stays with it then buy him a snare drum. If he stays with it then get him the complete drum set.

That is the way many of us started and we never saw a drum set until we mastered the snare drum.

If he gets that far he is probably really interested and will be a very good player!!!

O.k. probably not as realistic as when I started, but why give him the big set first? I always told my new students parents not to buy a drum set until they show some type of dedication past 6 months to a year.

Sorry for the topic change! email me directly if you want to talk more.

[EMAIL="vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com"]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/EMAIL]

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I was just going to buy them because they were next door. The toms are single-headed and they're set up. The cymbals are zildjian, but are kind of rough.

Yeah, I wasn't in the market for a drumset, but I figured if it would hold its value, why not? To tell you the truth, I play guitar and I was hoping for a family rock band thing...plus I would get to bang away on them when I wanted. I've always been intrigued by drums, but have never practiced them.

Thanks again.

Posted on 18 years ago

No worries,

If you could get them for $600 then they might hold the value, but single headed drums and Slingerlands from that era will not go up in value to what she is asking.

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here