Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

slingerland drum I.D. help pt3

heres another Radio King.

Im interested in what you folks feel this may be worth, as Ive never seen a drum of this age in this complete condition, so I have no basis for judgment.

Im the second owner, and it is 100% original down to the drum heads.

Ive been hesitant to clean, let alone play the drum, as I dont want to wreck it.

thanks again,

Guy

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]7x14 ? Wrap is tight, no bubbling/cracking ? No extra holes ? Throwoff mechanism works ?

$500....

Given the depressed sellers market, maybe $425 but certainly don't part with it for less than that.

And hey, dude...PLAY the thing a little !:p[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]7x14 ? Wrap is tight, no bubbling/cracking ? No extra holes ? Throwoff mechanism works ?$500....Given the depressed sellers market, maybe $425 but certainly don't part with it for less than that.And hey, dude...PLAY the thing a little !:p[/COLOR]

500.00, really?

wow.

I sold a similar drum 7 months ago, that was no where near this condition with a P85 for 675.00.

I do appreciate the opinion.

thanks,

Guy

Posted on 15 years ago

The market is down on these for right now. I would hold on to it, I think it's at least a $600 - $700 snare, it looks tight and original.

I picked up a Cloud Super the other day for $300 and missed an orginal with streamlines that went for $250. Neither though were as close to as nice as the one you have.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

From GoneDrumming

The market is down on these for right now. I would hold on to it, I think it's at least a $600 - $700 snare, it looks tight and original. I picked up a Cloud Super the other day for $300 and missed an orginal with streamlines that went for $250. Neither though were as close to as nice as the one you have.

Thanks for the info.

Ive have four or five of this same drum, Ive never had one, [or any other vintage drum for that matter] in this complete shape. Thats why I thought it would go for much more.

I mean every washer, every screw is exact, its even got the original drum heads! thats what made me think it would go for well over the normal 5-600 bucks.

The sad thing is the rest of the kit is just the same, down to cymbals, sticks, pedals. The guy who bought it new, played it for a week or so, put it under his steps in the basement, and 50 odd years later, I bought it.

thanks again for all the input.

Guy

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here