Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Slingerland Copper 3 Pc

I JUST GOT A 3 PC COPPER/WOOD NO RUST OR TARNISH OR PITS BUT LOTS OF SCRATHCHES...ANYONE W. ANY IMFO AN DOING SOMETHING TO ..I GUESS LIKE MEEBE SNAD THENM DOWN A BIT...OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS ...ALSO ..I JUST PICKEdFYI UP STAINLESS STEEL ..INCREDIBLE CONDITION 22 12 13 16 AND THE COVETED 18 I ALSO GOT 10 CONCERT TOM ..ANTY BALLPARK FIGURE OF VALUE?? THER TRULY CLOSE TO MINT ...STEVE MY EMAIL IS [email]acbusmama@sbcglobal.net[/email] thx

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]buspapa:

On the Copper kit - the last thing that you want to do is sand or polish these drums. The finish is a thin layer of copper plating over a steel wrap. If you sand or polish you will take the copper plating off very quickly, and be left with gray steel. You will be very unhappy, not to mention the hit in value. In addition, there is a clear coating over the copper in this finish that was meant to prevent oxidation and tarnish. This clear coat will come off even faster, exposing whatever copper is left to the elements.

The only thing you can really do to Slingerland's Copper finish is clean it lightly with a soft cloth, and with nothing more stringent than perhaps a guitar cleaner for lacquered wood guitars.

It sounds like your kit's finish is in nice condition the way it is. That's great!

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here