Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Slingerland Cocktail Kit & Zil-bel

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a vintage Slingerland Cocktail Kit in the common (?) 14 x 24 configuration. The kit's in a silver sparkle finish and comes with the reversible pedal and mounting assembly that includes a cymbal extension and a cowbell that has the phrase "ZIL-BEL" inscribed on it. My assumption is that the "ZIL" stands for Zildjian and the "BEL" stands for cowbell.

Anyway, the piece is in excellent cosmetic and functional condition. My concern is that I don't have a realistic idea what a kit like this is worth. I think it would be a nice vintage piece to add to my modest collection but I don't want to over-pay for it.

Any "words of wisdom" would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS in advance!Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

In complete, original condition, double headed cocktail drums with pedal usually bring $3-500. I think many folks get them with the intent of using them, but they generally sound fair at best. There's a web site out there that concentrates on cocktail kits...you may want to check it out:

http://www.cocktaildrum.com/

Posted on 17 years ago

THANKS AGAIN for the information, Rich!

I appreciate your time.Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here