Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Slingerland COB - Krupa?

hi. this drum is on sale on ebay at the moment. seller says it's COB. is this the Slingerland Krupa Model? or s.th. different..? is it worth going for at a good price?

1 attachments
61.3 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

Great drum, I believe all the Krupa Sound Kings are COB

They come in 8 or 10 lugs, 5 or 6.5 depths

I got my 8 lug 5 inch for around $100, which was a very good price,

and my 10 lug 6.5 for around $200, which was about an average price.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Whats the difference between the shells with the lines in the middle and the solid shells? I've been looking around at the COB Slingys a lot lately and was wondering why some have the lines, like the one posted above, and some are just smooth?

Posted on 14 years ago

Deadhead, I've wondered that too. I had been under the impression that the no line shells were steel, but that's not the case. I'm guessing there's some time when it changed.

I had the drum in the auction, and traded it to Michael on this forum. Probably my most missed drum :( ; a tremendous value.

Posted on 14 years ago

I had one with no lines and it was steel.

Posted on 14 years ago

these really are great drums, and they are going for very cheap , lately.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 14 years ago

I will state without hesitation...this is one of my all time favorite snares...that I've ever owned. And brother, that's a lot of snares! Outstanding drum.

Posted on 14 years ago

what a drum,

probably one of the most under valued vinatge snares out there - fact, get in while the going is good because i think soon others may catch on.

the 3 lines were just an update, slingerland started putting the three lines on around 1965. all krupas from around this period are a brass spun shells, regardless of the lines.

The steel shelled slingerlands without any lines mentioned above are post niles era black and silver badge 70's(i think) and are quite possibly steel not brass.

hit hard
Posted on 14 years ago

From mschrant

hi. this drum is on sale on ebay at the moment. seller says it's COB. is this the Slingerland Krupa Model? or s.th. different..? is it worth going for at a good price?

Id go 150.00

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here