Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Slingerland COB hoops

Where can I get replacement COB hoops ... other than ebay. Does anyone out there sell brand spankin' new cloned hoops? I don't mind if they are other than factory original. I just need 'em and I am looking for something other than ebay. It's for my playing kit from 71 (which are COS). It's a small kit and I don't mind taking the hit to experiment. Curious about the difference in sound. Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

Here appear to be some COB choppers... I couldn't find any sticksavers.

Cherie Willougby (sp?) might be able to point you at some.

http://www.willoughcraftdrums.com/accessoriesnew.html

Maybe drop a call to Jim Petty at JP2 down in Texas... he might be able to find you some. www.jp2creations.com.

Or... I saw an email address for Jack Lawton's shop in another post... I suppose if anybody in the world would know... it would be him.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Also ask Andy Foote at Drummaker.com. Don't speak to anyone else but him...he's the proprietor and even though they may not carry stuff in the online catalogue, he may be able to get some.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

The "fabulous new" Ahead snares have hoops not unlike the good old sticksavers. http://www.bigbangdist.com/ahead_snares.htm

I too have COS hoops on both my COB snares. DonĀ“t know if someone changed the hoops sometime in the past, or if the drums came that way. Anyway, these are some really sweet sounding and versatile snares.

Posted on 15 years ago

I would like to add some COB hoops too

Thanx for the tips

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here