Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Slingerland Clam Shell, what's not to like

I'm finally getting the parts to make 1930's RK 1 ply snare upto playing condition. I have a few questions on the clam shell design.

What are the negitives for playing live with the drum?

Does the clam shell make the drum hard to control ro adjust in a mic'ed environment?

I hear alot of negitive feedback on the design, should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

I'm finally getting the parts to make 1930's RK 1 ply snare upto playing condition. I have a few questions on the clam shell design. What are the negitives for playing live with the drum?Does the clam shell make the drum hard to control ro adjust in a mic'ed environment?I hear alot of negitive feedback on the design, should I be concerned?Thanks,

The handle/lever is notorious for for breaking, I don't feel that the CS strainer is a good design and it doesn't adjust to my liking for playing/tuning....I have a few RKs with this strainer but I don't play them.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

I have to agree with that.

There is a Presto Plate that will work with the Clamshell strainer and allow you to use a more functional strainer.

I just finished an article from DrCJW about the Clamshell and will upload it in the next half our or so... He talks about the history and how they changed over the years...

The least favorite Slingerland strainer...

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here