Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Slingerland Chicago Ill USA Washer Help

Came across a Slingerland shell in my drum "junk" closet and realized it had the potential to be a good find. when I picked it up years ago, it had been recovered in a cheap brown plastic wrap. It had no strainer and no Slingerland badge. It did have 8 Singerland lug casings, the interior was painted silver, looks like 3 or 4 ply and I'm guessing Mahogany exterior ply, the key to it's i.d. is what looks like a nickle plated round washer the size of a US quarter that has engraved on it, "SLingerland CHICAGO. ILL. U.S.A. " This washer was imbedded or seated in the exterior side of the shell.

I've been pouring over internet sites but have had no luck figuring out what I have. I would like to restore it and have already ordered a white pearl covering.....but want to know what badge and strainer I should look for.

Thanks for your help.

mike

Posted on 16 years ago

..forgot to add to above post. Both rims are chrome plated.The top rim flares inward (triple flanged ?)toward the drum head and the top of the bottow hoop flares outward. Both hold tight to a magnet. I scratched both and found what looks like copper or brass under the top hoop but didn't see any color under the bottom one (although maybe I didn't go deep enough)

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here