Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Slingerland Chicago Blue Sparkle - Finished - Pics

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

Man those look great!!! What are the sizes,20, 13,16 ?? Did you rewrap them or just detail them? Was checking out an older 50's krupa kit in that same blue, they were pristine!! Just don't have the dough right now for another kit.

Peace

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Lucky - Thanks! 20-12-16 No wrap, full blown detail, polish polish polish, buffed out some scratches in the wrap and had to dowel and patch an extra hole in the bass drum, I did re-do the bass drum hoops.

What looks like pitting ended up for the most part being 50 years of grime.

Below are the pics from the ad before I bought them, or I should say my kid bought them. I helped with the shipping, heads, misc parts but he layed out the initial $. Good investment for a 12 year old...LOL!

58 - Slingerland Duco
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

Well done! Looks much better than before!

Clapping Happy2

1948 Gretsch Broadkaster "Dave Tough" 20/16/13 with matching 14" snare in Midnight Blue Pearl

1957 Ludwig Las Vegas Cocktail Kit 16x24 with matching 13x4 snare in Silver Sparkle

1967 Ludwig Club Date 20/14/12 with matching 14" Pioneer Snare in Silver Sparkle

1997 Ludwig Vintage Super Classic 22/18/16/13/12/10 with matching 14" Snare in Black Diamond Pearl
Posted on 15 years ago

That set looks amazing!

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Flat out GORGEOUS job!

You're son's got to be one of the happiest 12 year-olds around.

I recently sold a Slingland kit very similar to this one. Slingerland's "deep" blue sparkle finish is one of the nicest looking ones around IMHO.

Is the snare drum with yours the "Student Model Radio King?"

Also, you mentioned that you had to plug one hole on the bass drum. From the "before" pics that you posted I'm guessing that it was the hole from moving the rail consolette from the center of the drum to the side, correct?

AGAIN..................Great job and Great looking kit!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey OldSchool,

Thanks!! I really like the blue sparkle too, it ages nicely since it just gets a little deeper blue. My kid came home from school and immediately took his Gretsch kit down and put this one in his room. He is in love with this kit.

You are correct on the consolette hole. The snare is a Krupa Radio King, so it's a solid maple shell, that was the real score on the kit, oh and the vintage Zildjians that came with it. The guy also tossed in an old Rogers Banner snare that I don't know anything about but it cleaned up really well too, the WMP has turned to YMP but the wrap is tight and perfect other than that.

Thanks again,

Mike

58 - Slingerland Duco
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW............an even "better" find!

Based on the great job you did on this kit, I find it hard to believe that your WMP snare is actually now a YMP snare.

My guess is that it's a MMP snare, which is another preference of mine!

IMHO vintage WMP never "yellows", it only "mellows" with age, adding more character to the drum!

ENJOY IT ALL!!!!!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here