Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland buffs - Fresno, CA craigslist

I dunno anything about Slingerland drums, and am not in the market for any...but I saw this on the Fresno, CA craigslist.

Looks to me to be a great value for $750, but Slingerland experts will need to decide that.

FYI.

Regards, mb

https://fresno.craigslist.org/msg/d/fresno-slingerland-70s-piece-drums/7467804185.html

Posted on 2 years ago

Hi Marty!

This set appears to be in really wonderful condition! Black Chrome was a popular finish and would look good today. The shells are 3-ply with solid maple re-rings, which Slingerland was famous for! Everything does look original and it wouldn't be too difficult to track down a spur leg. They normally are offered in pairs, but having a spare is a good thing! I really feel that the asking price is right on target!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

I agree with everything that Mark just said. I will point out that drum buyer/seller/flipper types will try to knock down a seller's asking price by making the few little imperfections sound like major flaws. You know-- like the guy at the car dealership who makes it sound like your very nice trade-in car is a piece of crap. The seller should not accept anything below $750 for those drums. Shipping costs should be the responsibility of the buyer.Or......I have sold drum sets in this price range for which I goosed up the selling price by $100-$150, and stated in the listing that this price includes shipping to the contiguous 48 states. That worked out well because it gave a local buyer that much price negotiating room.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

Exactly what leedybdp said! The seller's bottom line should be $700...but no less!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Good price. If I didn't already have one, I'd think about driving up there.

9x Slingerland New Rock 50N 12-13-16-22 with 170 (Super S-O-M) holder
• 1979 Oak
• 1978 Blakrome + 6.5x14 TDR SD
• 1977 Black Diamond Pearl + 5x14 SD (gold badge, Rapid strainer)
• 1976 Black Cordova
• 1975 Silver Sparkle + 5x14 SD (Rapid strainer)
• 1974 Chrome + 5x14 COB TDR and 6.5x14 COW Zoomatic SDs
• 1973 Purple Sparkle
• 1973 Phantom (clear)
• 1971 Walnut (gold badges) + 5x14 TDR SD
1x Rogers Powertone Londoner V 12-13-16-22
• 1972 Butcher Block + 1979 big R Dynasonic SD
Posted on 2 years ago

Question: Are those Black Chrome drums heavy? I'm guessing that they have a steel or aluminum wrap? Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I'm unfamiliar with black-chrome.

Thanks in advance, mb

Posted on 2 years ago

From Marty Black

Question: Are those Black Chrome drums heavy? I'm guessing that they have a steel or aluminum wrap? Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I'm unfamiliar with black-chrome.Thanks in advance, mb

The Black Chrome, Copper and Chrome wraps don't add much to the weight of each drum. I can't imagine a 14x22 bass drum, wrapped in Black Chrome, would weigh significantly more than if it was wrapped in a Glass Glitter.

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

I'm going to nitpick here! The floor tom legs appear to be Ludwig! I can tell the difference between Slingerland and Ludwig legs! Deduct $25!!! LoLoLoLo

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here