Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Slingerland Buddy Rich Kit Question

Brand new member today!

I recently purchased (and paid too much for) a 71 Slingerland Buddy Rich Kit in Mahogany finish (minus the hardware and the second 16 inch floor). I am putting together the correct stands for it as we speak (or type). My question is this.....Should I spend the extra dough (and frustration) on finding the missing 16 inch floor? The finish is in pretty good condition. Not many scratches or dings. I restore drums because I like to play them...but there's always a chance I will end up selling this one after a bit. Should I fight to find the missing 16 inch tom? It came with a matching snare (Artist) and I also picked up a Gene Krupa Chrome (just becausex-mas3). I'm trying to get this to look like the original.....but, I have a tendency to go WAY overboard where drums are concerned. What to do....what to do? Is this tom going to make or break the resell? Is the Buddy kit worth the effort or should I just make it like I want it and enjoy the dang thang? signed: very confused and frustratedHelp2

Posted on 15 years ago

Leave it and enjoy it!

Here is the thing... BR always played WMP. So the WMP BR set is what the true BR collectors are looking for.

Although your set is in the correct sizes?, to a purist it is not a BR set...

It happens time and time again, since I look for certain snare drums the true BR color and version always sells for more then the same BR snare in a different finish. Same goes for drum sets!

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Thank you thank you thank you. I seriously could not figure out which way to take this. I love playing these drums, but it's always in the back of my mind that I need to consider "investment". That's a stupid variable for a musician. Didn't used to be that way. (been playing for over 40 years) So, you have put my mind at ease. I'm gonna do whatever the heck I want and if I sell 'em, the next guy can cross that bridge. I love this forum.Jump For Joy

Posted on 15 years ago

One small clarification. If the BR snare or set is a rare finish, then it will do as good as the WMP version.

Enjoy those drums!

David

Posted on 15 years ago

I agree, the color is wrong so you'd have to really search or wait an excrutiatingly long time for an interested buyer in the market for a non-Buddy color. You sound like a player with an average amount of OCD, resist the urge to become a collector, be the player, it's what drums were made for.

Regards

DonS

Posted on 15 years ago

You guys have helped me tremendously. I ordered the Gold Sparkle wrap yesterday. I'm paying my son to remove and polish the chrome (my wrist is still healing from a tendon injury). I'm excited to have that monkey off my back. Now I'm focusing like a laser to get this beautiful instrument up and making music. Thanks again.

Posted on 15 years ago

Just to be safe and you should be OK, please make sure with the wrap that the heads will fit fine.

You can probably tell by looking now if there is extra room between the metal head hoop and the shell.

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here