Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Slingerland Bearing Edges

Could someone please tell me what type of bearing edge Slingerland used for their 1970's 3-ply maple/poplar/maple shells with re-rings? I'm new to the vintage drum world and am not all that knowledgeable about the older stuff.

Thanks so much.

Greg

Posted on 14 years ago

there more like a double 30 degree bearing edge. precision drum company would just call it there rounded edge, hope this is of help, it is not 45 degrees

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Its a 30 degree with a 1/8th roudover .

Posted on 14 years ago

From gdawg55

Could someone please tell me what type of bearing edge Slingerland used for their 1970's 3-ply maple/poplar/maple shells with re-rings? I'm new to the vintage drum world and am not all that knowledgeable about the older stuff.Thanks so much.Greg

I worked in the plant and office for 15 years

On the 3 play we always did them the same...They had a soft rolled edge

It was done on a huge rotating table that was 90 degrees from the ground and a guy would place the drum shell on it...The edge as you call it was shaped with a piece of thick steel and hand shaped...I know I use to do it...

The 5 ply which was my idea was a 45 degree angle cut and we used a specific router for that...That was a machined issue

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for the information.

Greg

Posted on 14 years ago

From lonecomic

I worked in the plant and office for 15 yearsOn the 3 play we always did them the same...They had a soft rolled edgeIt was done on a huge rotating table that was 90 degrees from the ground and a guy would place the drum shell on it...The edge as you call it was shaped with a piece of thick steel and hand shaped...I know I use to do it...The 5 ply which was my idea was a 45 degree angle cut and we used a specific router for that...That was a machined issue

Thank you for posting this information.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here