Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Slingerland Bass Drum Tom Mount question

Hi,

I have been working on piecing together a Slingerland natural maple kit from various orphans. Got 2 nice mounted toms all completed and recently got a 24" kick drum shell. It needed a lot of work re-gluing re rings and whatever else but I have it stripped and ready to apply the same finish I applied to the toms. I picked up a Set-O-Matic double arm and was looking to get the plate to mount to the bass drum but I realized the the hole pattern doesn't match the Set-O-Matic layout.

This bass drum has a 3 hole pattern with the holes in a triangle, spaced 3 3/4" apart. The center post hole is 1" in diameter. It is located at the front edge of the drum and there are no other holes.

This suggests to me it was either a virgin drum that someone applied an after market mount to, or Slingerland used different mounts which I've never heard of. It didn't have a badge but I'm 100% sure it is a Slingerland drum based on the stamp inside the drum, the rerings, lug patterns etc etc.

Any ideas what tom mount would fit this hole layout?

Pictures show bass drum next to 2 mounted toms I already refinished and then a close up of the hole pattern on the top of the bass drum.

Posted on 10 years ago

Looks like maybe Camco, someone who has one may measure it up for you..

If you did decide to go with the Set O Matic, best position on a 24" is dead centre on the BD. Shame it's drilled way back..

The toms are looking great.

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 10 years ago

I checked out that Camco mount and it certainly seems similar. If someone can measure one and confirm it would be cool.... I'll probably have to drill new holes as those mounts aren't readily available at a reasonable price. Maybe I'll just get a plate made to cover the holes and go with some other way of mounting the toms....... decisions, decisions.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here