Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Slingerland bass drum tension rods

So I'm trying to find some tension rods for my bass drum. I've got one side complete and matching that were already on the drum, but I'm missing all the rods for the front head. I don't have a ton of details on the set itself, other than it has a Niles badge, and one of the toms is stamped 1967. I've got serial numbers as well, but I don't know if that would indicate anything as far as the type of rods I need. In addition, the serial numbers of the bass and floor tom don't match, so I don't know if that means the drums are mis-matched and therefore not all made at the same time.

My goal here is to get the drum functional, not so much restoring with era-correct hardware. In other words, buying vintage rods on eBay for $10 a piece is not ideal. I'm fine with new stuff.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on Slingerlands or drum hardware in general, so I don't even know where to look for information. The guys at the drum shop basically shrugged when I asked them, but they pointed me here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on 9 years ago

TORPEDO shaped Bass Drum Tension Rods are what you are looking for, for a 60's Slingerland bass drum

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 9 years ago

I think pops is correct. When I rewraped my 60's Slingerlands I needed a few rods to complete my bass drum. Instead of spending a bunch of money for original trods I ordered 20 long regular tension rods you can use a drum key with. Functional and look fine. I can always change them out if I want to buy the missing,original ones.

Look here. http://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_107_283

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here