Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Slingerland Bass Drum Muffler.. I need a picture.

I'm getting ready to clean up this muffler for use on a kit but I can't find a good close up picture of what this tightener bolt, knob, tensioner.. might have looked like before the ears got twisted off...

Does anybody have a good shot of one..??

..or maybe even one laying around they want to sell??

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Are you looking for the wing nut or the whole enchilada? I think I have two of those laying around somewhere

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Just that one wing nut on this one.... the one that has the round top and has had the wings twisted off..

I cropped that picture down a little... not sure what it will look like when posted.

THANKS for looking.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Here's a closeup of the two that I have. The shinier one looks to be a replacement. I would just match the threads from a local hardward store with a wingnut and a piece of allthread. You could use JB weld to hold the wingnut to thread and cut down to your size and paint it chrome for a cheap fix. Hope this helps.

[IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2853/slingerlandnut002aj0.th.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7030/slingerlandnut003fy3.th.jpg[/IMG]

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

THANKS!! After looking at the picture and digging through some piles of stands, I have an old "flat" wing nut off a stand that should look right. The top is more bullet shaped than round like the old one but the wings look right.:)

Beauty idea on the wing nut and all-thread.. that one is filed away for future use.

Are you interested in selling either of those mufflers in the near future?? I'm putting together a little red sparkle 4 piece and will need a muffler for that next project bass drum.

In fact I bought this red sparkle bass drum for parts.. but the darn thing is so pretty I can't bring myself to take it apart... so I'm going to build a kit around it.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Sell the muffler, hmm, have to think about that one. I have two Slingerland bass drums that are in the "restoration" phase that they are going to be part of. I may change my mind though.........Hit me up at a later date, maybe I'll be thinking differently. Glad the pictures helped

Posted on 16 years ago
Posted on 16 years ago

Beauty... it's on the watch list.

Thanks,

jb

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here