Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

slingerland artist

i've recently acquired a 5" maple artist snare drum niles black/brass badge serial no 21708.

how old is the drum?

also when the snare is wound up slightly it feels like it goes 'dink' and then starts again on the thread, if that makes sense,how easy is this to fix?

any help mucho appreciated: I feel this is a beautiful drum and i want to get to know it better!

also puresound wires for this sort of snare drum?

thanks in anticipation, nick

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Can you snap a pic, Nick ? I've got a '64 WMP....just a classic, eh ?

It's a mid 60's, I believe...around '66 or so....there isn't any sort of date stamp inside the shell, is there ?

Can you explain again the 'dink' problem ? I didn't get that....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

hiya jaye,no no markings on the inside of shell.

when the snare wires are increased in tension, this works fine until a medium tension is achieved and then a slight dink noise is heard and the tension is gone, and you start to wind it up again!same thing happens

thanx for the dating thing as well

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]...sounds like the tension on the throwoff is slipping...or mybe the strings/mylar are not firmly secured enough to the butt/strainer ?

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

hey jaye, just seen that; how to fix a zoomatic in the restoration and help tab at top, gonna see if that helps.

thanx for the input

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here