Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Slingerland Artist Snare Drum

Hi, This is my first posting.

I recently bought a Slingerland "Artist" snare drum on Ebay.

I am confused as to whether it is an Artist or a Radio King.

It has a 60-61 Chicago badge on it with no serial number but it has a Zoomatic strainer which I thought were introduced in 1962. It seems to have a solid shell. It also has a basic butt plate without the extra extension section and a Radio King style muffler (with the two felts) .The previous owner also found it fit to drill lots of holes in for some reason which have been crudely plugged by dowel. I hope to fix this little gem up again.

So, can you tell me what has been changed the badge or the strainer?

cheers.

Kevin from Australia

Posted on 16 years ago

Something sounds fishy. Post pics!

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi Rich K,

I would love to post pics but I can't work out how to do it.

I tried dragging and copying and hitting the image button but I don't what it means to put in the URL number.

cheers.

Posted on 16 years ago

Make a small copy of the picture...when you respond to this, scroll down to the attachments line and add you pictures there, or email the host of this site and he'll post them.

Posted on 16 years ago

Was this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1958-Slingerland-snare-drum-natural-finish_W0QQitemZ150190119439QQihZ005QQcategoryZ64436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If so, it's just a mish-mash of parts...a '70s throw off, a refinished late '50s shell and retro fitted badge, generic rims, tension rods and butt plate. Not an original Slingerland drum...just some stuff thrown together.

Posted on 16 years ago

Ouch.

I'll share my "secrets of the Zoomatic"

with 'ya!

:2Cents:

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

[Attachment: 2664]

[Attachment: 2665]

[Attachment: 2666]

[Attachment: 2667]

Quoted post

Make a small copy of the picture...when you respond to this, scroll down to the attachments line and add you pictures there, or email the host of this site and he'll post them.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here