Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Slingerland 6pc kit 1992 Ridgeland SC

This is my Slingerland drums set. It was made around 1990 and all the badges say it was made in Ridgeland, SC. It has a few scratches from normal use. When tuned up it sounds awesome. The drums : 22" bass/kick, 14" snare, 8" mounted tom, 12"mounted tom, 14" floor tom, and a 16" floor tom. I listed it on EBAY but got nothing but low-ballers and scammers. So i joined this board in search of help. Does anyone know how much a this kit is worth? Is anyone interested in it? Should i just break the set up and sell the drums individually? I am in the middle of cleaning/polishing them but i can get some better pics if anyone wants to see them. Any help is appreciated, i hate to give up this set but i need the money; baby on the way Kiss

EDIT: OOPS posted in wrong section... sorry i will put in proper section..

[IMG]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6071/drum2h.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1595/drum3a.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted on 14 years ago

Bobby, nice kit. the ridgeland SC plant has a small following amoung us Slingerland guy's there aren't a lot of them out there but a lot of slingerland guy's stay away from them!?, Do you have pics of the inside's of the shells?? what kind of re rings are in the shells? maple or oak? don't break up the kit! sale it whole! If your reserve on the ebay auction was higher than1K, in this current market now $1000.00 would be on a good day!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I had them on Ebay for buy it now of 1,000 or Make offer. I put the shipping at 250 which might have been too high, but i have no clue what it will cost and did not want to lose money shipping them. I had lots of interest but mostly from people overseas who wanted me to ship them for half what it would cost me. I am pretty sure they are maple. I will take some pics tonight when i get home and post them.

Posted on 14 years ago

I think you can ship that in three boxes for $45 to $55 per box in the U.S.A.

Hopefully, you could find some boxes/ packing material for free, as those would be expensive.

Still, you should lower the shipping price and eat the difference on the selling price.... a high shipping cost does scare potential buyers off, IMHO.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I would NOT discount overseas shipping by one penny. Buyers from overseas know that when they want something from the US, shipping is what it is. Why should you take a loss on shipping to accomodate them? Make them pay the full price of actual shipping charges and accomodate you, right? They also have the option of coming to pick it up right? Well, that isn't too feasible, admittedly, so they can pay for what it costs to get it to their front door, IMO. It isn't your fault they live where they live, why should you lose seventy five bucks or more because of it. You gotta pay to play, no matter the circumstances.

You could make sure they know you will ONLY charge actual shipping but that you WILL charge actual shipping.

Just my take on this.

toodles

drumhack

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 14 years ago

From drumhack

I would NOT discount overseas shipping by one penny. Buyers from overseas know that when they want something from the US, shipping is what it is. Why should you take a loss on shipping to accomodate them? Make them pay the full price of actual shipping charges and accomodate you, right? They also have the option of coming to pick it up right? Well, that isn't too feasible, admittedly, so they can pay for what it costs to get it to their front door, IMO. It isn't your fault they live where they live, why should you lose seventy five bucks or more because of it. You gotta pay to play, no matter the circumstances. You could make sure they know you will ONLY charge actual shipping but that you WILL charge actual shipping.Just my take on this.toodlesdrumhack

I agree entirely Drumhack

Stevo.

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 14 years ago

I agree with not discounting at all for shipping overseas.

I would lower the $250 shipping cost to $150 for U.S.A. deliveries.

I think you can ship that in three boxes for $45 to $55 per box in the U.S.A.

Yep, Stevo has bought a thing or two (?) from me and it's hecku expensive to ship to Australia from the States, huh Stevo?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Yep, that's right Kev.

I've bought stuff from the US and the shipping has costed more than the

item!

That's just the way it is:(

You have to be slightly crazy to be into vintage American drums

down under,but when the parcel arrives I carry on like a 10 year old kid.

Did I say SLIGHTLY CRAZY!!!!flower

Stevo.

Keith Richards
Posted on 14 years ago

Works the other way too...

I paid $45 for a John Grey drum key from London, and waited three months for delivery.... it got lost by Royal Mail Service for a bit.

When I got it, man was I happy !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I know what you mean Kev,

I got a 60' Slingy cowbell Shipped from the US a couple of years back

and it got held up in customs. They classed it as used animal equipment

which Quote "could introduce dangerous and/or exotic diseases to the

country" Unquote. I couldn't stop laughing at their notice,obviously no one

working there is a drummer!

Took me a while to sort that one.