Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Slingerland '60's Snare Alternating Lugs?

(Excuse change of thread topic)

Advice requested!

Recently won a 1966 Slingerland 9X13 Green Sparkle Tom in quite good condition. Ebay item description clearly stated that "All Hardware was original." Problem is... the bottom hoop is a Ludwig, not an original Slingy "Stick Saver," and @ 1/3 of the tension rods are not original. Seller basically said I got a good deal and should go away. I don't want to return the drum, and was only asking to be compensated for the cost of finding a replacement "Stick Saver" bottom hoop.

What would you do? Negative Feedback? Neutral? Certainly not positive feedback! The cost isn't that much, and I got the tom for @ $100. (The rest of my kit is early 60's Slingy).

Thanx all.

Steve B.

Posted on 17 years ago

I would say that the transaction was fine but the item was not 100% accurately described and that the seller wouldnt compensate. I would leave neutral feedback. Whats the sellers name? I want to make sure I dont run into this guy.

Happy Holidays

Harrison

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanx for the quick reply.

The seller was "looloomcgoos" - She was selling the kit as separates; The 16X16 went for @ $300; the Bass drum (in the worst condition) didn't sell @ $125; and I got the tom. Slingy 1960's snares w/ sparkle wraps have been going for >$250. She knew little about drums, said she asked a drummer who told her the hardware was original. Then, she didn't believe me when I told her I had it checked out at the local drum shop. (I had - and it wasn't orig!). Nevertheless, the tom was in very good condition.. the wrap actually looks better than my own drums which I bought in 1965!

Steve B.

Posted on 17 years ago

I would be careful on the feedback. If you give her the neutral then she might still give you the negative.

Let her do the feedback first. If the seller is that type of seller their is not much you can do because you want to keep the item.

Sell that bottom hoop and buy the hoop you need.

Once she leaves feedback for you then make the call on what you want to do. If she has good feedback then it will matter to her, if not then no matter what you do she will probably not care.

Your reputation at this point is more important then hers.

As buyers we do have the responsibility/option to ask the questions and see more pictures. If in the early stages she was not a nice seller then you would have known early on what you were dealing with.

I would chalk it up to experience and enjoy the drum.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanx!

The seller has already left me positive feedback.

We had communicated some before the sale was final and she had been friendly. She's not nasty now - just doesn't want to return any $$. I'm sure she'd hoped the drum would go for more. I wouldn't make an issue were it not for the listing description. If I'd paid alot more.. THEN I'd be upset!

Steve B.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here