Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Slingerland 3-point snare throw-off - Replacement?

From Ludwig-dude

The shell construction and the way the reinforcement hoops are glued up seem like early Ludwig & Ludwig, pre-Conn era, to me. The drum looks like its had another badge on it before as there appears to be two vent holes? And that is definitely not the original throw-off and butt. The butt looks like 50's Slingerland as well as the throw-off. There are extra holes that have been filled that look similar to one of Ludwig's early throw-offs from the 1920's. You might actually have a 1920's Ludwig & Ludwig snare there, not a Slingerland, and it definitely is NOT a WFL.

L-D you may be right, the screws don't look slingerland and the professional didn't come in a 15" at least not a stock size, and the re-rings don't look slingerland either,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Great info! Thanks for your insight/input. I looked at some of the old Ludwig and Ludwig catalog pages from the gallery and see several 6.5" x 15" that might be how this drum came to be.

If you see any pictures or information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

William Thomas Thomas

Posted on 14 years ago

There is a 3 point Made in Japan throw that will appear on E bay from time to time. I have 1 on one of my Slingerland drums and the hole pattern is exact though the throw has a different design. They usually sell in the 10-15 dollar range.I believe they were used on some MIJ Kent snares.Just search Mounts,assembly,hardware in percussion.

Posted on 14 years ago

I see in the Ludwig book that WFL did in fact use tube lugs in 1938 and 39 on their Imperial Double flanged Swingster, Victor, and on the New Paramount model snare drums.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here