Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Slingerland 20N Jet Outfits x 2

Finally completed! Didn't Andy Florio name the "Buck Rogers" stands that came with these sets? Open to comments! I have to sell one or both. Value? Thank you for any help you can offer. Bill

Posted on 17 years ago

I looked for many years to find one of those stands. Got one for $25 at a drum show...it was missing the rubber sleeves. Tried using it for a tom like on the jet outfit, but it didn't work all that well, soI sold it on ebay and it got over $50. I'd bet a nice one would get more.

BTW...if you want to use your tom with a setomatic mount...the tom plate will use the existing holes of your diamond plate. For the top part of the setomatic arm, use one of those "stubby" double tom mounts..the stub will go into the tom plate without having to drill your tom...and it doesn't put your tom out into "left field" like the single arms do.

Posted on 17 years ago

Mr. K., Thank you for looking in. Your suggestion of using a double set-o-matic never dawned on me. It may not work with this configuration. The 18" BD has a double muffler on the batter head and the Bass S-O-M plate was added (poor workmanship) later to the front of the drum. Why do people RUIN virgin BD's?? I have thought about drilling a RIMS mount for a tom S-O-M mount and using the longer single S-O-M arm to place the 12" in a better position for playing. Any other Slingerland 20N Jet Outfits in forum member houses? Michael Gross (Capecod drummer on another forum) helped me get the BD flange reproduced by his Brother-In-Law David. The 940M BD pedals and the Buck Rogers stands were hard to find. Harry Cangany's article Oct. 2004 Modern Drummer (with help from Michael Gross) stated that he, Harry, had only seen 3 or 4 of the sets in 30+ years. Probably not as rare as the red Ludwig "Jazzette" set in another recent thread but I don't remember too many Slingerland "Bop" sized (18, 12, 14) in the catalogs. Any idea of "ball park" value would be appreciated. Thanks again for your insight Mr. K. Bill

3 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here